Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Personality Quiz, Question #2

Once again, I earlier took a personality quiz and posted my results here. Now, as promised, I continue my analysis of the questions one-by-one.

Question #2 asks us,
What do you see near your feet?
a. A mirror
b. A ring
c. A bottle

Result is,
The type of girlfriend/boyfriend you are looking for:
a. You are not looking merely for a girl/boyfriend - you are looking for your life partner. Perhaps you should be more open-minded about who you spend time with. The person you are looking for might hide their charm under their exterior.

If we see a mirror near our feet, its reflection is of significance -- apparently. But we need to see more from it, see more than self and the parallel we wish in others. I can see this, but I think it is a stretch of a deduction.

b. You are a true romantic. When you are in love, you will do anything and everything to keep your love true.

A ring equals a romantic at heart. This is less of a stretch.

c. You like serious, smart and determined people. You don't judge a book by its cover, so good-looking people aren't necessarily your style. This makes you an attractive person in many people's eyes.

Finally, this is the answer I picked and result I received. The bottle equals a look for a practical girlfriend or boyfriend. I can see it, again again. A bottle is practical, utilitarian. It fails to account for the romanticism of a bottle, the mystery of its contents, the possibility of Message-in-a-Bottle.

I put psychoanalyst face onto myself for this round. I still say the result is a stretch from the question. I am in better mood today writing this one, though, so I'll call their deduction specific game enough. How is it, though, that the object we picture at our feet is that which relates to romantic interest? That seems degrading.

I could see Question #1's relation of environment to psychological atmosphere better.

Pax.

No comments: