Thursday, April 09, 2009

Craft-y Scheme

Do you like getting packages in the mail?
Brown paper packages, tied up with string?

If so, it would be my pleasure to send you something, in the realm of material reality, that I have made for you and for you alone!

This is a crafty scheme. The first five people to respond to this note will get something made by me. However, this offer does have restrictions, conditions, and limitations so please read carefully:

I : There is absolutely no guarantee made that you will like what I make.
(Aaron Note: I have to receive a honest complaint, though.)

II : What I create will be new, just for you, not something made previously or just laying around.

III : It will be sent this calendar year.

IV : You have no clue what it is going to be. It will be something made in the real world, not just from the internets.

V : It may be jam. It may be a necklace. It may be original artwork or a cake or a chocolate mousse or ambiguous knitted goods. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!
(Aaron Note: With no promise that they will be heeded, requests *are* more than welcome.)

VI : I reserve the right to do something extremely strange or cheap.

VII : I may well do more than five random creative acts if more than five people want random creative parcels. We shall see.
(Aaron Note: I will definitely send "somethings" to as many people as ask for them and fulfill the note's requirements! I have been given most of a year to send the stuff. Please, ask away!)


So, are there any obscured but no-the-less binding strings attached? Where is the fine print, figurative or not? There are no strings attached. Rather, I use thick anything-but-subtle hempen cords. Here is the fine print:

VIII : In return, in a public note of your own, you have to post the offer to make at leas five things for at least five other people.

IX : You have to tag me so I know you did it.

X : I will see you taking those first steps of your own before I make and send you anything.



(Aaron Note: Either put your preferred mailing address in your comment or E-mail it to me [Aaron.D.Nemoyer@gmail.com] so I know where to send your something.)

Pax.


PS. If you really want, you don't have to post the note yourself. It is more fun if I can convince you to, but I enjoy sending mail to anyone. :-)

No comments: