Thursday, April 01, 2010

Chief of Sinners Though I Be

I am named for two of the greatest sinners of the people of God; I am "Aaron David".

Aaron succumbed to the people and made them an idol, a golden calf that was celebrated as their gods, and at that the people were immoral and broke their fresh graving promises and debt by mercy: and though it is a small percent of the people and the idolators, three thousand men of the people were put to the sword for it (Exodus 32).

David was an adulterous king, lusting after Bathsheba and having sex with her; and then he was a murderer in continuation of the first crime, ordering a cool death of her husband so he could sleep with her openly and try to hide the former sin (2 Samuel 11-12).

Yet, if Gad can make the first his high priest and the line of his priests and can make the second a successful ruler of His people and the one of whose line the Massiah of the people of Israel and all mankind came, God in his mercy can do good with me.

It is relief to know that good in me is of Him and that He can use my actions and even my sin to His purpose.
Thank you, Lord.

pax~

No comments: