Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Surgery Today!

We got the call yesterday and the IVIG treatment was indeed successful. My immune system in jolly. My platelet count which is usually 60,000 or 65,000 is now above 95,000. Surgery is a go. I will be leaving home at 4:30AM to arrive at the Hershey Medical Center hospital by or before 5:15AM. My guess is that surgery will start about 7:00AN abd will be done by 1:00 in the afternoon.

Watch for a few updates from my parents on my Care Page website while I am in the hospital, which I will be from this morning through this weekend, sometime Friday or Saturday or Sunday. The first could of days I will be mostly immobile, the next couple they will get me out of bed a little, and they will send me home when Physical Therapy sees that I am capable of walking surely and taking a few stairs on my own.

https://www.carepages.com/carepages/AaronsBack

Until later, my friends,
May God bless you and me,
--Aaron

No comments: